Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vingt et un (Thing 21): Podcast

I don't have a video camera and my microphone is no longer operational. So the podcast I made doesn't have narration. The nice thing about Photostory is the ease with which you can add audio/music to your video. The 2 music clips for my homemade video came from the original soundtrack from the 80s movie, Flight of the Navigator, created by Alan Silvestri. It's my attempt to push librarians into changing with some of the new library and technology movements. Please feel free to make comments and suggestions for improvement.

It took me about 3 hours to put it all together. This includes choosing photos and music. It would have taken me longer had I decided to use a video camera or record narration with a microphone. So the process was very time consuming. But with practice I'm sure I will get faster. Photostory was easy to download and use. I'd never used it before, but it was so simple I didn't even need to go through a tutorial.

3 comments:

  1. The quality of your vidcast is outstading. Yout time and effort shows through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melinda! I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only spent about 20 minutes on my podcast, and the difference in quality shows. I am extremely impressed with your work. Makes me want to go back and put a little more effort into mine. Super job.

    ReplyDelete