Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 23: Le fin!!! The end! Huzzah!

I can't believe I made it! 23 Things in less than 4 weeks. So my thoughts on the whole shabang?

1.What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
By far my favorites discoveries were the image generators/mashups, Rollyo, Nings, and Library Thing. Those have the most potential for incorporation into a library setting in my opinion.


2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I realized that even though I am a child of the first video game generation and thus one step ahead of many of my fellow LS grad students and librarians, I still have much to learn.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was amazed there was so much I didn't know about the internet and all it has to offer. I also had been dreading the podcast thing until I actually got into it and started playing around with photostory. Though I was correct in my assumption that it would be time consuming.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

Warn people on the main page that Thing 21(podcasts) can be time consuming. If they have a deadline for completing the workshop, participants might wish to have had more time to work on it. I would also require participants to comment on one or two other participants podcasts to help foster community.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Absolutely.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? This program has shown me the existence of some valuable tools that I wouldn't have discovered on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment