Monday, August 3, 2009

Dix-sept (or Thing #17): Rollyo

I really like the idea behind this site. From a librarian's standpoint, this is even better than social bookmarking, because it doesn't take the search out of researching. It's also a good way to introduce our younger students about the process of how to use a search engine to get what you need for researching a topic. I created a math/science search engine because i'm into math and i'm on a tight schedule and had sites already on my mind at the ready. But I could have just as easily collected sites for social studies, or literature, or music, or anything else. Signing up for an account was free and simple. Creating the engine was just as easy. I highly recommend showing this to teachers and fellow librarians in the district.

No comments:

Post a Comment