Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vingt duex (Thing 22): Nings

Yes, I skipped the podcast thing. I'm saving that for last. Ugh.

This Nings thing is really cool. What a great way to find what other teachers/librarians are doing with their students. I would definitely share this with other teachers. It didn't take me long at all to find something of value on the Texas School Libraries Ning. Doug Valentine created this video using various Web 2.0 tools and other media:

Find more videos like this on Texas School Librarians

I really recommend going to the page where he posted it and looking at his comments on how he made it. It's a bit labor intensive if you're not familiar with the programs, but I'm sure the student interest generated from the project is well worth the effort. But there's more value to the site than just videos. It's like one giant support group for teachers and librarians. You can't get that from YouTube or TeacherTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment