Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #12: Commenting

My thoughts on commenting:
When I read Blue Skunk's post on commenting, my first thoughts were that
a) I don't have time to respond to every comment and b) it gets rather annoying when I get an email notice for every little comment and response on facebook.
But then I chewed on Blue Skunk's idea for a bit (that if you get a comment you should respond even if it's to just to say thanks for the comment) and it really would get irritating if I got no response every time I commented on someone's status on facebook or commented on someone's blog post. I would feel like I was being ignored and that's not a fun feeling.
In Drape's Takes on blog commenting he made one statement that I felt was worthy of mention:

I think dedicating an entirely new post for lengthy retorts are a good way to give recognition to your readers, both to the original commenter who will feel special, and to all the readers in general because they will know that the blogger has not fallen into that egocentric "elitism" persona that Drape discusses.

Commenting to other blogs:
See my comments on the following blogs:
Mrs. Wadyko - (23 Things blog) One thing to note is that she has turned on the option to review comments before they are made public. So my comment might not be visible just yet.
In Rachel's Words - (23 Thins blog) all about online image generators (Thing number 10)
Aspiring Librarian - (23 Things blog) all about Thing number 9 and looking for good blogs.
In Other Words - (23 Things blog) another Thing #10 post but with different image generators than the ones Rachel blogged about.
Sarahnading - (23 Things blog) This post is about Thing #5 (image hosting sites). Sarah chose to talk about Flickr.

The Book Oven Blog - This post was about the big controversy of Hamilton Nolan from Gawker blogging about (and linking to) one of Ian Shapira's stories in the Washington Post.

Tech Crunch - This post discusses the emerging battle between Microsoft and Google. Why is it relevant to librarians? Google just launched a new computer operating system (Chrome OS). If they become successful and flood the market, then we'll have to worry about more than just Macs vs. PCs (or Apple vs. Microsoft).

No comments:

Post a Comment